What Is A Coffee Enema?
The practice of enema has been used for thousand of years to help body restored to its original functions by releasing toxic and other damaging substances. Coffee enema is a type of colon cleansing that is used in today alternative medicine. The process, which involves using mixture of brewed caffeinated coffee and water is inserted to the colon.
Coffee enemas are known to help cleanse out bacteria, heavy metals, fungus and yeast from the digestive tract, including from the liver and colon.
This procedure can not only help relieve the body of dangerous toxins, it also helps lower inflammation, improving the frequency of bowel movements, prevents bloating and increases the amounts of energy levels in the body, enhancing good mood, ultimately healing individuals from disorders and conditions due to an improper digestive health.
Furthermore, coffee enemas are considered to be powerful detoxifiers because, due to several wonderful compounds which can be found within the coffee, these can stimulate the liver to produce glutathione S-transferase, a chemical which is identified as the master detoxifier in the body.
Glutathione S-transferase functions by binding to toxins, releasing them out of the body along with the coffee.
Why Do People Do Coffee Enema?
Many people who believed in the process claimed all these benefits :
- boosts immunity
- increase energy
- stops yeast overgrowth
- treats autoimmune diseases
- removes parasites from the digestive tract
- removes heavy metals from the body
- treats depression
- treats cancer
Additionally, regular bowel movements are essential for carrying waste and toxins out of the body. Research studies have demonstrated that the compounds from a coffee enema travel through the hemorrhoidal vein to the liver.
The coffee then opens up blood vessels, relaxing smooth muscles, helping with bowel movements and improving circulation as well. Once in the liver, the coffee is believed to also help open up bile ducts, increasing the production of bile necessary for proper digestion and excretion.
What Is The Healing Benefits Of Coffee Enema?
The benefits of coffee enemas not only has a powerful effect on the liver and colon but the whole body. You will only know how healthy your body can feel after if you try it.
- Cleans out the colon and helps improve function in colon muscles.
- Eliminates parasites: it flushes out old debris and bugs from the colon as well as flushing out the ones you may be killing off with herbs.
- Detoxes the liver and helps repair it.
- Increases glutathione S-transferase (GST) in the liver (aka master detoxifier) by 700%. This enzyme binds with toxins and then the toxins are flushed out through the colon.
- Boosts energy: Allowing the coffee to absorb into the bloodstream directly stimulates the gallbladder to flush out toxins. Toxins are known to decrease oxygen transfer and “clog” up the blood with harmful substances. Allowing the blood and oxygen to flow free and clean in the body gives a person a bit more energy. -don’t let the coffee “sit-inside-of-you too long or the caffeine may give you a buzz (not the kind of energy you want).
- Improves digestion: Giving the liver a boost by detoxing it can help gas, bloating, and digestion issues because it is addressing the liver and gallbladder (produces bile to help digestion) which are both crucial to the digestive process.
- “squirts” the gallbladder: The coffee may stimulate bile flow, which is needed to digest fats and kill harmful bacterias. After a few coffee enemas you may hear a squirt near the middle-right ribcage.
- Mental clarity and mood: A coffee enema increases detoxification which speeds up the duplication of red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen so there ends up being an increase (healthy amount) in the body- and brain! When there is enough oxygen in the brain you will think better. Good bye brain-fog!
- Eases “die off”: When you are detoxing with herbs/sauna/ baths then your body and liver can easily get full of toxins. A coffee enema will not only help your liver function better but it will also keep the toxins from reabsorbing or recirculation and doing more damage. This helps speed up a healing reaction. I also find it works to speed up a cold /flu.
- Reduces toxic load in the body: edema, headache, joint pain, disease, illness are all common symptoms of a “toxic body”.
- Migraines/headache: Usually a sign of blood vessels constricting. My headache cures are magnesium baths and coffee enemas. The coffee helps to dilate blood vessels while removing harmful toxins that can be the cause of the inflammation or headache in the first place.
- Purifies blood: Kahweol and cafestol pulminate (found in coffee) stimulate glutiothione-S-transferase (GST). GST is a enzyme system in the liver that captures toxins in the bloodstream. The bound toxins are then flushed out with the enema. Every 3 minutes, all the blood in the body passes through the liver. This process leaves the blood clean and less toxic.
- Prevents and heals chronic illness: Many times illness arises when the body has too many toxins and tried to cope. Regularly detoxing the liver helps the body function better so it can prevent or help the body heal from an illness.
- makes the body more yang: Dr Wilson explains that your body become yin when you are sick and plagued with toxins. Your should strive to make your body more yang with cooked veggies, saunas, and coffee enemas.
- Clears complexion: Because a coffee enema purifies the blood, more nutrients are available to nourish your skin. In TCM the liver and skin are closely connected so when your liver is overburdened with toxins the skin will show it.
- Tones colon wall: The theophylline in coffee absorbs through the colon wall which dilates the blood vessels & increases blood supply to the colon. Increased blood improves colon muscle tone and health. Toxins that were stuck to the colon wall are now being flushed out so the colon has a chance to work free of toxic “sludge”.
Why You Should Try Coffee Enema?
We live in a toxic world. Never has planet earth been as polluted as it is today. The levels of some toxic metals are over a thousand times greater than ever before in history. These metals include lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, aluminum and nickel.
However, there are others commonly found in our food air and water such as uranium, beryllium, bismuth, antimony, zirconium, gadolinium, tin and others, as well.
In addition, the earth is contaminated with over 100,000 toxic chemicals, with more produced every day! For example, the laws of most nations permit the addition of over 3000 chemicals in our food. Pesticides and herbicides are another group of toxic chemicals that are found in our water supplies and in many foods.
The widespread and often overuse of medical prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs adds over a thousand more toxic chemicals to our bodies, especially in the Western world.
These include surgical anesthetics, dental anesthetics such as Novocaine, vaccine preservatives and stray viruses, and many other poisons used routinely today in the medical profession.
The use of recreational drugs such as cigarettes, heroin, cocaine, ecstacy, methamphetamines and the cadmium-containing drug, marijuana, just adds much more toxicity to our already-burdened bodies.
The cumulative and combined effects of this toxic assault on our bodies has not been studied sufficiently, at all. However, their presence is associated with ALL major diseases of the 21st century.
According the United States Environmental Protection Agency, toxic chemicals and toxic metals constitute a great threat to our health. Fortunately, great progress has been made in the past 50 years or so to limit them in America. However, much more needs to be done.
To say that this is the century of toxicity is no exaggeration. The coffee enema is one method, and a powerful one, to help with this problem.
image courtesy of thehealthyhomeeconomist.com
What Kind Of Coffee Is Best For Enema?
The most important characteristic for the coffee selected for therapeutic reasons is that it must be caffeinated.
Max Gerson MD discovered that the unbound caffeine taken in via coffee enema is absorbed from the descending colon via the hemorrhoidal vein. This vein then carries the caffeine to the portal vein and the liver.
The caffeine stimulates the liver and biliary ducts to open. This process occurs rapidly which releases metabolic and environmental toxins into the intestinal tract for immediate elimination.
Generally, the more bitter-tasting Robusta-bean coffees are considered better for coffee enemas than the smoother-tasting Arabica bean coffees.
Most made-for-enema coffee or “coffee enema coffee” is Robusta bean, lightly roasted in a manner that maximizes caffeine and palmitic acid content, key elements for stimulating detoxification. With these coffees you may feel and/or hear the release of bile from your gall bladder.
Whichever type of coffee bean you choose, always go for the lightest possible roast. The darker the roast, the lower the caffeine and other key elements, and the less therapeutic the enema.
Always buy organic coffee beans, and grind them fresh as much as possible.
There may not necessarily be a difference in the benefits of the light roast vs. medium roast. However, there is a difference in the caffeine content as previously mentioned.
Some people have previously ordered coffee from the S.A. Wilson company which offers a light roast coffee. Unfortunately, the higher caffeine content tends to bother some patients who are sensitive to caffeine.
This may result in disruption of sleep, hyperactivity, anxiety, heart palpitations, etc. and for these reasons we suggest the medium roasted coffees.
How Often Should You Do A Coffee Enema?
One enema per day needed to assist detoxification or to enhance liver activity. Two enemas daily may be taken during a healing reaction if needed. For those who are very ill, several a day may be best for at least several months. (Dr. Gerson, by the way, used six coffee enemas daily for cancer patients.)
For best results, a program of coffee enemas should be carried on for at least a month. They should not be needed for more than two to five years, although many people have continued to take them for a number of years without problems.
The best time to take the enema is after a normal bowel movement. One will get a slight rush from the caffeine, but it is not like drinking coffee, which is not recommended. Coffee enemas taken in the evening may interfere with sleep.
If performed properly, coffee implants do not cause habituation, constipation or any rectal problems.
The exception is if there are significant hemorrhoids, rectal fissures or other rectal problems. In these cases, extra care is needed in inserting the enema tip. Some people with hemorrhoids find enemas irritating and cannot do them.
This is one of the few contraindications for coffee enemas. While enemas may seem uncomfortable, many people report the procedure is so helpful they soon forget the inconvenience.
When the coffee enema is needed, there is a very clear experience of improved well being after taking it. Once the body is well detoxified, once the bulk of the healing, regenerating, rebuilding, and weight loss is accomplished, and once the efficiency of the organs of detoxification is restored, then the need for the coffee enema disappears.
At that point, the coffee enema can still be used from time to time if a specific need arises. For instance, the coffee enema could prove useful when one eats unhealthy food, does a spring cleanse, is experiencing high stress, or is quitting smoking.
How Do You Make A Coffee Enema?
Gerson therapy coffee enema recipe for liver detox.
DeeDee Delkamp of optimalhealthnetwork.com describes the benefits of coffee enemas and provides step-by-step coffee enema directions so you can take this health-promoting step on your own at home.
Using Coffee Enema Kits At Home
1. Boil 4 cups of purified water in a glass kettle. Once boiling, turn off burner and stir in 3-4 tablespoons of freshly ground organic coffee. Steep for 10-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can make your coffee enema coffee in a regular coffee maker with brown paper filters.
2. Take 4-8 chlorophyll capsules timed to precede the start of the enema by about 30 minutes.
3. While the coffee for the enema is steeping, make a comfortable place to lie down near a toilet and cover it with a designated coffee enema towel. (The towel will get coffee-stained.). Use a yoga mat with a space blanket over it, and a towel on top of that.
Hang your enema bag so the top is about waist high and close the clamp on the hose so it won’t leak when filled. Set a small amount of nontoxic lubricant nearby, as well as a small timer set for 12 minutes, or a watch.
4. Pour the coffee through a gold mesh filter or ultra-fine stainless steel kitchen strainer into a two-quart Pyrex measuring cup. Add 4 tablespoons of Celtic sea salt if you wish, but not necessary.
5. Pour 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups of the coffee solution into a spouted two-cup Pyrex container or small stainless steel pitcher and place it in a pan or sink of cold water. Allow the coffee to cool to just slightly over body temperature, so it is slightly warm to the touch.
Never put hot coffee in your colon. Check it frequently to make sure it doesn’t cool too much. Using a stainless steel pitcher will cool it more rapidly. Leave the rest of the coffee sitting in the two-quart Pyrex measuring cup, covered with a small plate if needed to prevent too much heat loss.
6. Tangerine essential oil added to the coffee enema solution enhances the absorption of the coffee through the colon and into the circulatory system, assists the liver to process the coffee more efficiently and will balance the strong purgative effects of the coffee with its regenerative healing properties.
Tangerine oil also helps the body to produce glutathione, which aids in detoxification of the liver. Tangerine oil is a fabulous decongestant for the lymph system and one of the strongest anti-tumor oils. Add 3-10 drops of tangerine oil to your coffee solution.
At this point, just before starting the enema, take an additional 4-8 chlorophyll capsules.
7. Double check the clamp on the hose to make sure it is closed, then pour the cooled (roughly body temperature) coffee solution into the enema bag.
Lubricate the end of the hose or nozzle as well as your anus, with lubricant.
8. Holding the end of the hose slightly higher than the coffee in the enema bag, open the clamp just enough to purge air from the hose and allow coffee to fill the hose almost to its end. Pulsed squeezing of the hose will force trapped air pockets out. Close the hose clamp.
9. Lie down on your left side, pull your knees up, and gently insert the nozzled enema hose or colon tube 4 to 6 inches into your colon, being very careful not to injure the colon wall or tissues. If you are using a detachable nozzle, do not insert it beyond the end of its stem.
Whenever you feel any resistance, stop, pull back slightly, reposition the tube a little (change the angle), and continue. Sometimes allowing a little coffee to flow in will help with the tube insertion. If you can only comfortably get the tube in a couple of inches, leave it at that.
Never force anything. Special attachable nozzles with rounded, bulb-like ends on a four-inch stem pretty much dictate a safe insertion. A wider (#32 or so) silicone colon tube is also very safe.
10. Allow the coffee to flow in slowly, using the clamp or squeezing the hose with your fingers to regulate it. If you feel uncomfortable pressure build up in your colon, close the hose clamp or squeeze the hose shut and allow the pressure to subside, then begin again at a slower inflow rate. Only put in what your colon will comfortably hold.
11. Once the enema coffee is in your colon, gently remove the nozzle or tube, letting the end hang into a clean container, and start your timer. Roll onto your right side and relax. Several minutes later you can rest on your back and, if you wish.
Towards the end of the enema roll onto your left side again. (See the HELPFUL INFORMATION section below for suggestions if you have trouble holding the coffee in.)
12. Once you have held the coffee in for 12 minutes, proceed to the toilet and release the enema. Stay on the toilet as long as necessary to allow a complete evacuation.
A toilet stool, such as the Welles Step, that raises your knees toward your chest can be helpful, as can momentarily standing up and sitting down again. Do not push to achieve evacuation. Relax instead.
13. With evacuation complete, check the temperature of the remaining coffee and adjust if necessary. Then, using the remaining coffee (two-plus cups), repeat the enema starting with step 15. This time hold the coffee in the colon for about 15 minutes.
Coffee Enema Recipe For Weight Loss
To enhance your weight loss and detoxification, you can do coffee enemas while juice fasting. Juice fasting with coffee enemas is an easy and safe way to both detoxify your body and lose excess weight quickly.
For losing a significant amount of weight , it wouldn’t be uncommon to lose ten pounds with a week of juice fasting and coffee enemas – and you will keep most of it off, as long as you revert to a healthy fruit and vegetable centered diet that’s low on carbohydrates.
If you’re new to fasting, you’ll probably experience some detoxification symptoms during the process, so make sure you understand what’s going on before you get started. And with any enemas, you’ll also want to make sure you’re replenishing your healthy bacteria afterward.
Coffee Enema Weight Loss Testimonials
I did my first Colon Hydrotherapy session a little over a year ago, at the time I’m writing this; it was Fall of 2011. I was a bit nervous, but I’m always open to trying new things, especially if they benefit my health, and I can learn for my clients… so in I went with my Groupon and a smiling, clueless face. 45 minutes later and many pushes, I was done and out the door.
I tipped the helpful hydrotherapist, $15 as a regular session is around $75. I felt GREAT! My tummy was flatter, symptoms above pertained to the T, and for a few days I had energy….until my toxic load had increased again with my exposure to chemicals. Mind you, I eat probably cleaner than 95% of people I know, including using natural personal care products, exercising daily, getting out in nature, minimizing stress, drinking highly filtered water. Diane Kazer
You may not be aware of this, but many celebrities have chosen to detox with enema. It is believed that during the 2008 Presidential campaign trail, Hillary Clinton used enemas to detox because she had to forego her regular diet.
Eating at odd times during various stops and from different places often caused her to be constipated and she would often detox with enemas to keep her digestive system functioning.
Apart from the world of politics, many other celebrities including stars from tinsel town have resorted to enema detox for keeping their colon clean.
Can Enema Help Me To Lose Weight?
Coffee Enema is not an instant weight loss fix. Most people have hard, rubbery like faeces in the colon which takes time to get rid of. The body takes time to adjust to enemas.
The cleansing process gradually begins to work and with repeat treatment, more of the hardened faeces is expelled from the body.
Your body type and lifestyle also plays an important part in how quickly you can expect to lose weight. While you may begin to feel healthy and energetic after a couple of coffee enemas, maintaining a healthy diet and a regular exercise program will help you lose weight faster and keep it off for longer.
If the waste is lodged deep within your colon and is very hard, it make take a few repeat treatments to soften it sufficiently for extraction. You will be able to feel the difference in your well-being as your system begins to get cleaner. This is when you’ll also find your weight begin to drop at a faster rate.
Where To Buy Coffee Enema Kits?
For your own convenience, buy only from trusted sellers
Purelife enema kits from Amazon